Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I've Got Avery On My Mind


Sean Avery is at it again. The Dallas Stars forward was suspended before last nights game against Calgary for comments he made to the press.


Here is a quick rundown for those that don't know what is going on. Avery used to date hottie Elisha Cuthbert and now she has broken up with him and has since dated two NHL players the most recent being Calgary Flames defenceman Dion Phaneuf.


His comment was somthing along the lines of "It's become a common thing in the league for guys to fall in love with my sloppy seconds."


This was obviously a well executed stunt by Avery. But I don't think that it was all that bad for the league. He did make a comment that presents the league in a bad light, but I bet that some people may pay a little more attention to hockey now. Probably not much but maybe a few. It definately won't drive anyone away. It only makes some people hate Avery even more.


I'll admit that it was a crappy comment. Elisha Cuthbert is probably a nice girl and had her feelings hurt. But this is what celebrities do and I am sure she will have a comeback for him.


For the record I never cared much for Avery but he isn't a bad player. If he would just get on the straight and narrow he would be a little better off. And yes, I would take Avery's sloppy seconds any day of the week.

1 comment:

Brad said...

Fined, yes. Suspended, no. I hate Avery as much as the next guy, but suspended? That makes the NHL look even more ridiculous than Avery.